Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How its Done 2

Hello, sorry for the delay, as you know my PC got sick and it still is not well. So no movie this time, just pics and words.

"How its done" for a simple Tahitian Pearl and 14K yellow pendant.
This time I started with a simple computer generated design using DG3.
The Wax before anything is done.
I wasn't planing to blog this so there are no pictures of the cut lines in the wax before the shaping started but you'll have to give me some slack as I made this 4 years ago. You can see some of the lines and the ruff shape of the pendant coming together.
I have the carved the split into the pendant and you can see the remains of the lines,
You can see that the outside shape of the pendant is done but the inside is still not done.
View from the top of the pendant,
Inside has been ruffly cut out and its time for the final shaping of the pendant,
The shaping of the pendant is done the seat for the pearl has not been cut but you can see the shape that the pendant it will be when finished.
View of the Pendant from the side.
The view of the pendant from the "back". His pendant will have no back it is made so that it can be worn with either side facing forward.Pendant is ready to cast.
In the metal, Nothing has been done but breaking it out of the investment.
Note the seat for the pearl at the bottom of the inside of the pendant.
Here I have cut off the wax tree and its time to clean the casting.
The wax tree dobs have been filed off and the pendant is sanded to fine to take out any waves in the metal. Also at the bottom you can barely see the small hole that the peg for the pearl will soldered into.
Back view of the pendant here you can see the hole for the peg very well centered in the seat. I like to weld all pegs in after casting they are stronger than cast pegs.
Side view,
The pendant is done but the pearl is not attached note the stipple finish on the "back", and the peg for the pearl.
Here you can see the bail at the top.
Finished Pendant.
Back View.
Front.
This is a very simple wax with a very nice ending. Hope you enjoyed this trip as much as I have.
Have a great day.
David

1 comment:

Jessica Martin said...

I really like this one! I saw the pic the other day, but wasn't quite sure what it was! I want one now! haha!!! You do really good work David!